Time & Location
Oct 02, 2022, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Trumbull, 33 E Lake Rd, Trumbull, CT 06611, USA
About the Event
Summer might be over, but the fun doesn't have to stop! Join us at the Clubhouse Patio for the 2022 PLA Chili Cook-off on Sunday, October 2nd at 4:00pm. Attendance is free and open to all PLA Members. Music will be pumping and games will be available for guests of all ages. In order to ensure we have enough food to go around, we ask everyone to please RSVP in advance. We're also looking for members to serve as judges, and of course, to submit their chili! If you think you have what it takes to win, sign up to enter your chili here. There is no contestant fee to submit your chili.
- Contestants must pre-register; no walk-ups will be accepted for contest judgment.
- The competition is open to PLA Members of any age - adults, kids, and kids at heart are all welcome.
- Single entry or teams welcome.
- Each contestant must cook a minimum of 1 crock-pot size portion of chili (approximately 9 quarts).
- There are no restrictions or requirements on ingredients. If you are using ingredients people may be allergic to, please let PLA know in advance so that signs can be posted at your station.
- Additional items are welcome (i.e., corn bread), however, only the chili will be judged.
- Use your favorite recipe, with or without meat, with or without beans. Vegetarian chili is also welcome.
- Food must be pre-cooked and all contestants are responsible for maintenance of the chili’s proper temperature for serving.
- Space will be available to plug in a crock-pot. Stove and oven will not be available.
- PLA will provide spoons, cups, and napkins for serving.